Every week, I ponder what to write about for “Thank God It’s Monday.” Somehow, I hope to come up with something that will be of interest to you.
Over the past month, it seems the world has gone mad. I’m sure you are feeling this, too. We’ve seen:
- 49 people die in the Orlando Pulse Nightclub shooting
- Police officers assassinated in Dallas (5) and Baton Rouge (3)
- Black men killed by the police in Minnesota and Baton Rouge who never should have been killed
- Horrific acts of terror in Istanbul, Saudi Arabia, Nice and Baghdad
- A failed coup in Turkey, a G20 nation and NATO member
I’m sure I’ve missed some acts. I find these events weighing heavily on my heart. Yet, I am called to get on with everyday life in spite of these events.
President Obama will head to Baton Rouge next week to honor the lives of the police officers who lost their lives today. I’m sure he can hardly believe the rapidity of these events.
I pray for peace and better days ahead both domestically and internationally.
Thought for the week:
“The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” ― Pablo Picasso
© 2016 DAVEGARDNER.biz All Rights Reserved
Note: This posting is based on my weekly “Thank God It’s Monday” that helps you and your company thrive! To receive an email version of “Thank God It’s Monday” to start your week, please subscribe here. I would very much appreciate your suggesting to others that they subscribe.
Privacy Statement: Our subscriber lists are never rented, sold, or loaned to any other parties for any reason.