What happens in companies with configurable products and services that suffer with ineffective systems and processes?
- Profit margins are very low as the cost of enabling “yes” is significant
- Inefficiencies mount as complexity and variety increases
- There is no flow–everything feels like start/stop/start/stop
- Things that should be easy are hard; things that are hard should be easy
- Everything is a “special”
Is this sustainable? No. It’s time for reinvention. Call me!
Thought for the week:
“Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.” – Warren Buffett
© 2016 DAVEGARDNER.biz All Rights Reserved
Note: This posting is based on my weekly “Thank God It’s Monday” that helps you and your company thrive! To receive an email version of “Thank God It’s Monday” to start your week, please subscribe here. I would very much appreciate your suggesting to others that they subscribe.
Privacy Statement: Our subscriber lists are never rented, sold, or loaned to any other parties for any reason.