We offer a Trusted Advisor Program for business owners. Why?
The most successful people in business don’t try to figure everything out on their own—they have trusted advisors–people they rely upon to give them perspective and help them get to and stay at the top of their game.
As your business changes and evolves, day-to-day pressures can make your life overwhelming. It doesn’t have to be that way. Help is available. We’ve got what you want and need.
- Serve as your personal advisor telling you what you need to hear, not necessarily what you want to hear
- Provide you with confidential assistance on issues, problems and concerns you face
- Provide advice for issues—both short and long term
- Provide an outside, independent perspective to help resolve a business challenge
- Provide rapid feedback by either phone or e-mail, usually within a few hours
- Make this program affordable by utilizing phone/e-mail/video conferencing technology
- Place no limits on the number of phone or email inquiries you can make
- Participants get a broader perspective to help advance their career or business
- Participants have a competitive edge
- Participants no longer “breathe their own exhaust”
- Participants become more effective at leading initiatives, their people and teams
- Participants don’t have to solve everything alone-they have a trusted advisor they can rely on
Program Participant Profile
- Business owners looking for outside, independent, objective feedback and a perspective about issues and challenges they face
- Does not have a trusted colleague or professional advisor as a resource or requires confidentiality about their questions or issues
- Not satisfied with their business growth or results
- Wants candid feedback about a wide range of issues
- Has moved into a new position and needs assistance making the transition
- Is open-minded and wants outside assistance
Why Dave Gardner is an excellent choice
- Hands-on experience and insight into “how business works” and how executives think
- Business experience in a wide range of organizations and industries
- Insight into how all the information technology applications and business processes work together
- Senior management and management experience in Engineering, Engineering Services, Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Customer Service and Product Management gives us a hands-on orientation—we’ve walked in your shoes
- Ability to quickly frame issues
- Candor and pragmatism
- Insight into organizational, information technology, sales, marketing, dealer/distribution and business development issues
Program Cost and Payment Terms
Program pricing is tiered and is based on the following annual gross revenue levels:
- Less than $100,000
- Less than $250,000
- Less than $500,000
- More than $500,000
Contact us for pricing. The Trusted Advisor program is 6 months duration. Fees are payable in advance each month; a 10% discount is available for payment of the 6-month long program in advance.
For a limited time, new Trusted Advisor program members will get a 7th month free if they pay for the full 6 month program in advance.
Calls will normally be returned within 3 business hours; e-mails will be responded to the same day
Faxes, mail, e-mailed documents, etc., will be reviewed and commented on within a 24-hour period.
This program is not offered in lieu of our normal consulting work. For example, a program participant may want something reviewed and commented on—that is within the bounds of this program. However, if the participant wants something created, that request is beyond the scope of this Trusted Advisor program. Also, there may come a time when the client requests a face-to-face meeting to assist with a challenge—this, too, is beyond the scope of this program.
We need to know about your current situation as well as your goals and your expectations from working with us in the Trusted Advisor program.
If we can help, we will then determine when we can start the process with you. Once payment is made (either by wire transfer or credit card), your Trusted Advisor program can commence.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a rigorous structure to the Trusted Advisor program?
There is no rigid, formulaic program approach. We want to get from point A to point B as quickly as possible. As issues come up, I want you to raise them as quickly as possible. We want to accelerate results and do what we can to not introduce any unnecessary delays. My philosophy is the same as Nike’s: “Do it now.”
We agree on your objectives and focus the effort around your unique needs. Your time is important, thus it is critical that we look to find the easiest path to meeting your objectives.
Too many business owners try to move forward too many initiatives and fail to see results of any of them. We work together to identify the critical few initiatives that will make a dramatic difference in your business. One, two or three things implemented over a 6-month period can transform a business if they are the right things.
How much time are you going to spend with me?
The simple answer is as much time as is needed to identify the strategy or strategies needed to address the issues we have agreed to tackle and to review your progress along the way. You are the implementer; I am your advisor about the strategies and tactics and review your implementation of those ideas.
What return-on-investment (ROI) can I expect?
ROI is dependent on the issues we jointly tackle and the potential behind those issues. I can imagine business owners getting a 5:1, 10:1 or even a 100:1 return. Most look at ROI as having a one year timeframe though that is not always appropriate. Total ROI doesn’t have a time-frame—one proven strategy or idea can generate results for many, many years. Some outcomes may result in a qualitative (rather than quantitative) ROI.
Be aware that ROI is dependent on the business owner taking action, action that I can’t control. If the business owner never implements any ideas, they won’t see an ROI. That happens more than you know. No prudent advisor would ever guarantee an ROI. An advisor can be an accountability partner to make sure there is no “failure to implement.”
Why should you invest in a program like this?
You invest in a program like this because you aren’t experiencing the level of excitement in your business you would like to.
Your investment offers the potential to greatly accelerate your company’s financial performance and accelerate the time to realize the improved financial performance.
Of course, you certainly can do it on your own. But, will your results meet your needs and expectations in the timeframe you would like?
How can I be sure the Trusted Advisor program is right for me?
If you are ready to make a commitment to this program (meaning fully ready and prepared to sign up for a 6-month program) but need to be sure that this is right for you, I’m willing to give you a 2-week test drive at no charge. During this 2 week period, you’ll experience what this program will be like. I’ll hold back nothing. I simply ask that you not request a trial period unless you are truly committed to continue working with me under the program terms when you see that this program will deliver real value for you.
Is this a one-time program?
I hope you find this so valuable, that you sign up again and again. Business never stays in a state of equilibrium for very long. New issues and challenges continually crop up in a vibrant business.
Contact us for further details.